|Description:||baked halloumi cheese|
Good for: Omnivore, Vegetarian
Appropriate Ages: Kids (3-12), Teens (13-19), Adults (20-64), Seniors (65+)
- 10 oz halloumi cheese
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- toppings of your choice (e.g. pomegranate seeds, crushed chili, mint...or even bacon)
- sauce of your choice (e.g. chili sauce, za'atar, marinaria, or sour cream)
- non-stick oil spray
- parchment paper
- baking sheet
- First, pre-heat your oven to 400°F.
- Cut the halloumi cheese into 10-12 thick sticks (think thick carrot sticks)
- Mix the flour and paprika until it is combined evenly. Evenly coat the cheese sticks in the mixture.
- Put a baking sheet with a sheet of parchment paper in the oven for 5 mins, then remove from the oven.
- Quickly (while the baking sheet is still hot) place the coated cheese sticks evenly on the parchment paper and lightly spray with oil.
- Bake for 10 mins on each side, until golden brown.
- Transfer to a plate and add your toppings.
- Dip your fries in the sauce and enjoy!