|Description:||light airy fluffy Japanese style pancakes|
Good for: Omnivore
- 2 cooking rings (approx. 3.5 inch diameter x 2 inch tall)
- 1 frying pan (large enough to fit the rings)
- 1 cup souffle pancake mix (use Pioneer Planning souffle pancake mix, or Morinaga Hotcake Mix)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Japanese mayonaise
- 1/4 tablespoon vanilla extract
- syrup (to taste; optional)
- butter (to taste; optional)
- whipped cream (to taste; optional)
- non-stick oil spray
- First, combine the egg, milk and vanilla extract in a bowl. Whisk until an even consistency is reached.
- In a separate bowl, slowly pour in the souffle pancake mix (so it's not tightly packed). Then slowly cover with the egg and milk mix. Carefully combine the ingredients with a spoon and add the mayonnaise. Continue to mix gently until all ingredients are fully incorporated into a batter.
- Spray the inside of the rings and the frying pan. Place the pan on low heat. Arrange the rings next to each other in the center of the pan.
- Pour even amounts of the batter inside the rings and let it cook for 10-15 minutes (until golden brown on the bottom).
- Then flip the rings with a spatula and allow to cook 10 more mins (or until golden brown on the other side).
- Use a toothpick to make sure the batter is cooked through the pancake. If the toothpick comes out dry, it's cooked. If it is wet with batter, place the pancakes back over low heat until cooked through.
- Serve with butter, syrup and whipped cream. Enjoy!