|Description:||crispy fried halloumi cheese|
Good for: Omnivore, Vegetarian
Appropriate Ages: Kids (3-12), Teens (13-19), Adults (20-64), Seniors (65+)
- 10 oz halloumi cheese
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- toppings of your choice (e.g. pomegranate seeds, crushed chili, mint...or even bacon)
- sauce of your choice (e.g. chili sauce, za'atar, sour cream)
- First, cut the halloumi cheese into 10-12 thick sticks (think thick carrot sticks)
- Fill your pan or deep fryer with enough vegetable oil to soak the fries and turn heat to medium high.
- Mix the flour and paprika until it is combined evenly. Coat the cheese sticks in the mixture.
- Carefully place the coated cheese sticks in the heated oil for 3-4 mins, or until golden brown all over (note: the oil should be hot enough so it sizzles as soon as the cheese is placed in it)
- Place the fries on a paper towel for a minute to soak the oil. Then, transfer to a plate and add your toppings.
- Dip your fries in the sauce and enjoy!